for culinary professionals
A better future starts at the restaurant
Drive the change.
Become a climate-smart chef.
Food is both a cause and a victim of climate change. We all know this is a big challenge, but we do not always know what we can do about it in our daily lives and our jobs. As chefs, in fact, we can do a lot about it. This course shows you how.
By participating to the course you will learn:
- Why food is important for our planet’s future and for solving climate change and other environmental challenges.
- How food can be good for our health and good for the environment.
- How you can make this happen in your role as a chef to create menus that are delicious, healthy, affordable and good for the planet. But also profitable!
- How to reduce food waste and save money. How to communicate the value of sustainability with your staff, suppliers and customers.
- How to use a specially designed menu engineering tool to create menus that are healthy, affordable and good for the planet.
The course includes 36 hours of training and will be partly online and partly in person in the fantastic training facilities of ALMA, the School of Italian Culinary Arts in the heart of the Food Valley, Colorno. Sessions will be taught by experts in the field, professional chefs and trainers. The course is free to attend. Support could be provided for accommodation costs.
Who is the course for?
18 years old+
Operator or student in the restaurant or hospitality sector
Working/ studying across the EU
With basic understanding of English language.
Join our newsletter
The LIFE CLIMATE SMART CHEFS project has received funding from the LIFE Programme of the European Union under grant agreement n. LIFE20 GIC/IT/001708.
The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union.