Latest update 31.03.2022
This policy allows you to find out, even before you access the different sections of the Site, how Fondazione Barilla Center For Food And Nutrition will process your personal data described in the section “The Personal Data we process and how they are collected” (hereinafter collectively “Personal Data”). You must read it before you provide your Personal Data to us.
Identity and contact details of the Data Controller
The Data Controller is Fondazione Barilla Center For Food And Nutrition (hereinafter “BCFN” or “Data Controller”), with head office in Parma, Via Madre Teresa di Calcutta 3/4– 43122, email@example.com
BCFN will process your Personal Data in compliance with Regulation EU No. 2016/679 and the national legislation on the protection of personal data (hereinafter “Data Protection Regulations”).
The Personal Data we process and how they are collected
Purposes and legal basis of the processing of your Personal Data
BCFN may retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to manage any activities connected with your use of the Site;
- to manage any legal obligations (pertaining to accounts, administration, tax, etc.);
- to manage any disputes (in the legitimate interests of the Data Controller).
How we process your Personal Data
The processing of your Personal Data may involve any type of activity, including collection, registration, organization, conservation, consultation, analysis, amendment, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blockage, communication, cancellation, and erasure.
Your Personal Data will be mainly processed using automated methods, through the data bases and electronic platforms managed by BCNF or third parties appointed for this purpose, external data processors and/or integrated information technology systems owned by BCNF or the afore-mentioned third parties and/or websites owned or used by BCNF.
Barilla considers the level of security provided to be adequate, having regard for the risks that might derive from the loss, erasure, amendment, unauthorized disclosure, accidental or illegal access, abuse, or alteration of your Personal Data. In particular:
- it adopts safety measures adequate to the risks;
- it retains your Personal Details on servers located in Europe, which have an advanced daily back up system.
Where we process your Personal Data
Your Personal Data are mainly processed on the Data Controller’s premises and where the Data Processors are located. For further information, contact the Data Controller: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we retain your Personal Data
To ensure the principles of necessity and proportionality of the processing, the Data Controller has set different retention periods depending on the purposes for which the Personal Data are collected:
for the purpose of managing any activities connected with your use of the Site, your data will be retained for the time strictly necessary to provide the service requested;
for the purpose of managing and executing any legal obligations (pertaining to accounts, administration, tax, etc.), your Personal Data will be retained for the time strictly necessary to achieve that purpose;
in order to manage any objections or disputes, your Personal Data will be retained for the time strictly necessary to achieve that purpose and, in any case, not after the applicable time-expiry date.
Recipients of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be communicated to and processed by:
(i) legal or physical persons acting as external Data Processors outsourced by Barilla or by the external Data Processors appointed by BCFN (including people who carry out support, communications, marketing, advertising, promotional, and product and/or service sales activities, as well as advertisers, advertising agencies, IT service providers, Site operators, electronic platform operators, partners, credit institutions, firms of professionals);
(ii) employees and/or collaborators of the Data Controller (including system administrators), operating under the direct authority of the Data Controller, who will be authorized to process your Personal Data; and
(ii) employees and/or collaborators of the Data Processors (including system administrators), operating under the direct authority of the external Data Processors, who will be authorized to process your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will neither be communicated to third parties – except if your Personal Data need to be communicated by BCFN to consultants for the purpose of protecting its rights – nor diffused.
Users who are 16 years old or younger must not provide information or their Personal Data to BCFN without the consent of their parents or guardians. BCFN recommends that anyone with parental responsibility informs minors about the safe and responsible use of the Internet and websites.
Identity and contact details of the Data Processors
The full list of the Data Processors of your Personal Data is available contacting the Data Controller using the details provided in the “Identity and contact details of the Data Controller” section.
Your rights in relation to the processing of your Personal Data
As Data Subject, Data Protection Regulations give you numerous rights. In particular you have the right to:
- obtain confirmation from the Data Controller of the existence or otherwise of your Personal Data, even if not yet recorded, and their communication in an intelligible form, as well as to access such Personal Data (obtaining a copy) and all related information (including the purposes of processing, the categories and origin of the Personal Data, the categories of recipients to which they have been or may be communicated, the retention period (if possible) and the rights that you can exercise);
- obtain from the Data Controller that your Personal Data are rectified or integrated if incomplete;
- obtain from the Controller the erasure of your Personal Data without unjustified delay when, for example, they are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were processed or there is no further legal basis for their processing;
- obtain from the Controller that your Personal Data are made anonymous or block any Personal Data processing in violation of the law, including Data whose retention is not necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed;
- obtain from the Data Controller the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data, including when you dispute its accuracy or you object to the processing, for the time needed to carry out the respective checks;
- receive, in a structured and commonly used electronic format readable by an automatic device, your Personal Data and transmit them, or if technically feasible, obtain the direct transmission of your Personal Data to another Data Controller without impediments, in the cases in which processing is automated and is based on your consent or is necessary to execute a contract to which you are subject;
- revoke your consent for the processing of your Personal Data for any of the purposes for which it was given.
You will be able to exercise your wrights against Barilla accessing the “Contact us” section of the Site or sending an email to email@example.com or sending a letter to Barilla by post at the address indicated in the section “Identity and contact details of the Data Controller”.
Additionally, in cases in which you believe that the processing of your Personal Data infringes the Data protection regulations, you may file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority of the country in which you reside, of your place of work, or of the country in which the alleged infringement occurred, or you may request the Data Protection Authority to provide information about exercising the rights envisaged in the Data Protection Regulations.
Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
At any time and for specific reasons linked to your personal circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data that is necessary to pursue a legitimate interest of the Data Controller or of third parties. In this case, the Data Controller must cease any further processing of your Personal Data, unless they can provide legitimate legal reasons that prevail over your interests, rights or freedoms, or unless processing is necessary in order to determine, exercise or defend their rights in court.
You have the right to oppose the processing of your Personal Data by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you object to the processing of your Personal Data for the above-mentioned purpose, the Data Controller will no longer be able to process them.